The high-end baitcasting reel from the DAIWA Japan range. By combining the new Hyper Drive Design concept with the new SV Boost drag concept DAIWA now offers an extremely lightweight but highly durable baitcasting reel, that has been preadjusted in its configuration to allow optimal results without the need for time consuming optimization of the settings.
The Hyper Drive Design concept of the Steez LTD features a combination of a distortion-proof magnesium housing – the Hyper Armed Housing – that safely mounts the gear unit within the reel frame – with a CNC-cut Hyper Drive Digigear. This gear is further strengthened by larger teeth in the traction wheel but offers nevertheless a very smooth and round functioning due to a special manufacturing procedure. The Hyper Tough Clutch lever has been optimized to remain safely in its position also at vigorous casts. Due to the Hyper Double Support the pinion gear is mounted via each a ball bearing at both sides, leading to a better and more even power transmission from the handle. The surface of the pinion gear is specially treated to prevent electrostatic corrosion and to enlarge the lifespan.
The SV Boost drag concept optimizes the casting distances while reducing the threat of backlashes at the same time and contains the following features:
- The extremely lightweight G1 Duralumin spool instantly starts without high starting resistance.
- The Zero Adjuster of the mechanic drag is preset in a way that leads to optimal casting distances. (It is recommended not to change this setting)
- The Zero Shaft is made of an extremely short spool axis that causes low friction and thus is perfect for smaller lures.
- The TWS system reduces line friction during the cast.
- For finetuning the magnetic drag is adjusted according to the used lure weight. This leads to reduced backlashes and an optimized casting performance. In comparison to the SV concept the magnetic drag comes into play during the final phase of the cast.
- Perfect for very small and lightweight lures.
Suited for sea fishing.